Life Update

12:48 PM

Hi everyone!


If you follow me on Instagram you probably already know the big news - I'm pregnant! This is such an exciting time for us and I can't wait to share pregnancy related posts with you, starting with our pregnancy journey and first trimester survival tips. This is also the reason I've been a little quiet on the blog - first trimester can be rough - but I'm hoping to change that!


I just finished the first three weeks of my surgery rotation on a busy general surgery service, which needless to say were tough even for someone who isn't pregnant! This weekend I'm relaxing and battling a cold, gotta love pregnancy-induced immunocompromise. But, I start trauma surgery on Monday - that's right, 28-hour shifts every three days so any prayers and good vibes are much appreciated.


Down below are more photos from our announcement photoshoot and, of course, an image from our 12-week ultrasound <3


DSC_0008


DSC_0034


DSC_0084


Attachment-1 (2)


Attachment-1 (3)


Attachment-1 (1)`           DSC_0054





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. MashAllah Congrats Racquel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I would love to hear about your experience during 3rd year. I am contemplating on getting pregnant during 3rd, but bit scared to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! But I really had to post because I'd recognize my "home state" anywhere -- I miss it so much (moved across the country for medical school). Have you shared where you attend? I can think of 3 schools...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :) I'm a first-year medical student with a toddler, planning on having a second child after Step 1. Looking forward to your pregnancy-related posts, thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can take 5 months of leave and still manage to write my emergency medicine certification exams on schedule. That's 2 months more than I expected to be able to take. In Ozzi Land

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2017. All images and opinions are my own unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you'd like to use any of my content.