Almond Butter Brownies

9:29 AM

It’s spring break which means I actually have some time to relax even if it’s just for a few days! I’ve been craving brownies for months but J and I have been sticking to a healthier diet which means less grains, or in my case almost no grains, almost no sugar, and dining out less. We feel a lot healthier lately and have a lot more energy! But my craving for brownies is still going strong.

I recently found a few recipes for healthier brownies. I finally decided to try my own version and just see how it goes. I didn’t have any expectations but the results were phenomenal! You would never know these brownies are grain-free, dairy-free and free of processed sugar. They were soft, chewy, fudgy, and surprisingly filling - which means you’re satisfied after just one slice, imagine that! I definitely don’t call myself a “baker,” but these brownies were so easy that this is definitely a recipe I’ll keep making.

Ingredients:


1 10 oz. jar almond butter


1 cup of organic agave nectar


½ cup almond milk


1 tablespoon vanilla extract


2 organic eggs


½ cup of cocoa powder


1½ teaspoon baking soda


½ teaspoon salt


1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Optional: Avocado oil


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 325°F


2. Combine and blend almond butter, agave nectar, almond milk, vanilla, and eggs in a mixing bowl


4. Blend in cocoa, salt, and baking soda


5. Blend until smooth, it will be thick


6. Fold in chocolate chips - I used a spoon


7. Grease an 8x8 baking pan and pour batter in (I used avocado oil to grease, other oil works, too)


8. Bake for 40 minutes (for a 9x13 pan bake for 30-35 minutes)


Before pulling the pan from oven check to make sure they’re fully cooked by inserting a toothpick or thin knife, it will come out completely clean when ready. Allow the brownies to set until cool before serving.


Enjoy !


IMG_6343
IMG_6342


IMG_6341


IMG_6339

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2017. All images and opinions are my own unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you'd like to use any of my content.