Springtime Pastels

2:30 AM

Happy Sunday everyone, and welcome to my first outfit post!

It’s officially spring and that means warmer weather and lighter colors. Sometimes I forget what season we’re in since I live in the desert where there are basically just two seasons - warm & hotter than hot. Fortunately, spring time graces us with some enjoyable weather before it gets up to boiling temperatures in a couple of months!

I’ve always been obsessed with neutral color palettes, especially pastels. They are just so fresh, youthful and make me feel very feminine. Last weekend J and I were in Newport, CA for a little two-year wedding anniversary trip and I felt like doing a little shopping before going. I picked up this pastel lilac dress by Naked Zebra at a boutique near campus. It’s so soft yet durable. It also has an adjustable drawstring around the waist. I have more of a “pear shaped” body so I was a bit skeptical since adding a waist tends to accentuate my hips but since this one is adjustable it worked for me. I decided to wear it for one of our night’s out to dinner on the trip and it was perfect for the cool, beachy night. I paired it with my favorite jeans, and the Neapolitan heel from Chinese Laundry in “mushroom”. These heels are a light, pinky nude and surprisingly comfortable. The wallet is my favorite wallet ever, it’s so feminine yet structured and features a beautiful bow design on the front. J surprised me with it for my birthday in December and I absolutely love it.

I’m hoping to make more outfit posts from now on, especially with clerkships coming up and having to dress more professional on a regular basis. Stay tuned 

Have an amazing week, everyone!

DSC02457

DSC02445

collage for blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2017. All images and opinions are my own unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you'd like to use any of my content.