Breakfast: eggs, mushrooms, spinach

8:40 AM

Happy Thursday everyone! I’ve recently been really into breakfast foods and have been looking to spice things up a bit. My mornings usually consist of walking Melo, followed by a an hour of studying on Firecracker with a hot cup of green tea. After that, I like to do some fasted cardio on my elliptical for an hour or so. That means that by 10 am I’m pretty hungry! Usually I just drink a vanilla hemp protein shake - which i’ll discuss in a future post! - but some days I like to indulge and cook breakfast for myself.


Anyone who knows me personally knows that I love eggs. Seriously, I love eggs for any meal, anytime of the day. I can honestly go through a whole carton of hard-boiled eggs a week - egg whites only, of course. They’re just such a simple, protein-packed snack that is so satisfying and low in calories. So of course I’m going to share a quick, healthy, egg-centered breakfast that I personally love. Enjoy!


IMG_6466


Ingredients:


2 eggs*


1 cup chopped spinach


1 cup sliced mushrooms


1 tsp basil


1 tsp pepper


Directions:


1. Using 1 whole egg + the egg whites of the other egg, cook over medium heat until they are “over medium” - or desired consistency


2. In a separate pan, sauté the spinach and mushrooms over medium heat until mushrooms are soft. Add pepper and basil.


3. Serve and enjoy!


*This recipe calls for two eggs, though you will only be using 1 whole egg + the egg whites of the other. You will be discarding the second egg-yolk.


Nutrition Facts:


Calories - 221


Protein - 11.6 grams

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2017. All images and opinions are my own unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you'd like to use any of my content.