Homemade Pita Pizza

2:00 AM

It’s Wednesday and that means the possibility of mid-week blues. Fortunately there’s a remedy - delicious, quick homemade pizza!


Being so busy but also health conscious I’m always looking for quick, healthy, and nutritious recipes. That doesn’t always mean going out and buying things specifically for one recipe since that takes extra time and money. Instead, I try working with what I already have available.


During the week I go grain-free and on weekends I’ll allow myself to have 1-2 meals that have bread or other grains. And there are times, like this past weekend, where I crave pizza. I mean, who doesn’t love pizza? Delicious pizza doesn't mean it has to be overly greasy or unhealthy, however. So instead of going out for pizza, I decided to make it myself using pita bread and a few other fresh items.


Ingredients:


4 pieces thin pita bread (about 8” in diameter)


1 cup marinara sauce


1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


½ bell pepper, thinly sliced


1 cup sliced green olives


1 cup sliced black olives


1 cup sliced mushrooms


2 sliced jalapeños


Directions:


1. Start with a clean work surface


2. Preheat oven to 350°F


2. Add ¼ cup of marinara to each pita and spread evenly


3. Add your choice of veggies and cheese


4. Place pizzas carefully onto a large baking sheet


5. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown


6. Add garnishments - I added some chili flakes!


The finished pizza will be crisp and deliciously thin.


pita pizza


pita pizza


pita pizza

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2017. All images and opinions are my own unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you'd like to use any of my content.